Unleash the power of savings on car insurance
Owning a car is a necessity for many people, especially in Wisconsin. However, the cost of owning a car can add up quickly, especially when it comes to car insurance. The good news is that there are many ways to save money on car insurance without sacrificing coverage. By following a few simple tips, you can drive richer, not poorer, and take the road to financial freedom and control of your expenses.
Drive smarter, not harder: tips for lower premiums
- Shop around for insurance providers and make sure you contact an independent insurance agent (such as 1 Reason Insurance) because independent agencies typically have many car insurance carriers to choose from, offering significant savings compared to most captive agents (agents that only have one-size-fits all solutions): Don’t settle for the first insurance provider you find. Shop around and compare rates from different providers to find the best deal for you. Make sure the agent you’re working with takes the time and effort to understand your particular insurance requirements.
- Increase your deductible: A higher deductible means a lower premium. Just make sure you have enough money set aside to cover the deductible in case of an accident. Ideally, you should have a deductible that matches your risk tolerance. Having too high of a deductible can leave you financially stranded if you have too high of an amount, while having too low means higher premiums.
- Drive safely: Your driving record is a major factor in determining your insurance premium. Avoid accidents and traffic violations to keep your premium low. Even seatbelt violations (considered safety violations) may have a huge impact on your premiums.
- Opt for a lower-risk car: Certain cars are more expensive to insure than others. Consider a car with safety features and a good track record to save money on insurance. This one can really surprise you because sometimes, the same make and model can have different car insurance costs based on variations of a model. For example, a “LE” or other types of designations that include engine size will move your premium up or down.
- Take advantage of discounts: Many insurance providers offer discounts for things like good driving habits, multiple policies, and safety features on your car. Make sure you’re taking advantage of any discounts you’re eligible for. Generally, the easiest and most impactful discount is the homeowners or renter’s policies with the same insurance company. I have found that sometimes, renter’s insurance is essentially free on a net net cost basis once the car insurance discount is applied.
Take the road to financial freedom with car insurance savings
Saving money on car insurance can lead to long-term financial benefits. By putting the money you save towards your other financial goals, such as paying off debt or building up your emergency fund, you can take steps towards financial freedom.
In addition to the financial benefits, saving money on car insurance can also give you peace of mind. Knowing that you have adequate coverage at a reasonable price can alleviate some of the stress that comes with owning a car.
So, if you’re looking to drive richer, not poorer, start by exploring your options for car insurance savings. With a little effort and research, you can find a policy that works for you and your budget.
In conclusion, owning a car doesn’t have to break the bank. By following these simple tips, you can unleash the power of savings on your car insurance and take the road to financial freedom. So, drive smarter, not harder, and enjoy the benefits of saving money on car insurance.
Give us a call, we’ll take a look at your current coverage limits to review for appropriate adjustments and changes (we find lots of errors often), and likely suggest a change in the insurance carrier and/or coverage to save you money, while making sure you have the right coverage.